The Seven Creeks | Walk Series, in partnership with the Center for the Living City, ArtsBridge America, and the Jordan River Commission, engages local residents in walking conversations and collaborative action along buried and impaired reaches of the seven canyon creeks. Participants observe and share stories, insights, and visions to explore ways to better manage, restore, and love these waterways. By combining elements of ecological restoration, art and expression, and the spoken word, this program seeks to build community support and awareness to uncover and restore our buried and impair creeks.
Emigration Creek - Westminster College to Liberty Park
What to be ready for
- Participate for allotted time
- Participate in rain or shine
- Walk a mile on uneven surfaces
- Carry loads of up to 50 lbs, depending on capability
- Participate in various activities, including but not limited to invasive species removal, garbage cleanup, painting, and conversation
- Learn about the hydrology of the Salt Lake Valley
- Sign liability waiver in advance of event
What to bring
- Long pants, closed-toe shoes, hat, and sunglasses
- Necessary medications or precautions for allergies, etc.
- Reusable water bottle
- Rain jacket
- Signed Volunteer Contract (if under 18)