The Seven Creeks | Walk Series, in partnership with Jane Jacobs Walk, the Center for the Living City, and the Jordan River Commission, provides walking conversations along portions of the seven canyon creeks. Participants share stories, insights, visions, and any other relevant information with each other to explore ways to better manage, restore, cherish, and love our seven canyon creeks. Through urban interventions, participants visualizing these spots, calling for action through art, chalk, audio, and other forms of expression. By combining elements of ecological restoration, art and expression, and the spoken word, this program seeks to build community support and awareness around our lost urban waters, facilitating the future daylighting of over 21 miles of creeks.
Hidden Waters: Chalk Intervention
WHAT TO BE READY FOR
- Work for alloted me, typically 2 to 3 hours
- Work in rain or shine
- Walk a mile on uneven surfaces
- Carry loads of up to 50 lbs, depending on capability
- Help with various volunteer activities
- Learn about the hydrology of the Salt Lake Valley
- Sign liability waiver in advance of event
WHAT TO BRING
- Long pants, closed-toe shoes, hat, and sunglasses
- Necessary medications or precautions for allergies, etc.
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Rain jacket
- Signed Volunteer Contract (if under 18)